Research Studies Institute
The Research Institute of Economic and Legal Studies was formed by Order of the Rector of the Karaganda Economic University of Kazpotrebsoyuz No. 42/1-p dated October 1, 2010.
The purpose of the scientific research institute of ELS is the integration of scientific activity and the educational process at all levels of higher and postgraduate education, improving the quality of fundamental and applied research in the field of economics and law.
The main objectives of the research institute of ELS:
- increasing the level of scientific content of the educational activities of the university, the quality of training of graduates;
- high-quality implementation of research work and participation in regional and republican research programs in economic and legal areas with the involvement of the scientific potential of the leading departments of the university;
- improving the organization of research activities of the teaching staff, undergraduates and university students and the implementation of their scientific achievements, scientific and pedagogical experience;
- establishing cooperation with related research institutions of Kazakhstan and foreign countries, for the successful implementation of work on complex problems, as well as for testing the results of scientific research;
- intensification of scientific activity of the university faculty through the involvement of international, interuniversity and university conferences, round tables, scientific seminars on pressing problems of economics and law with the invitation of leading scientists and the public;
- improving the quality of scientific publications, providing the possibility of publication in journals with a high impact factor.
The main functions of the research institute of ELS:
- legislative activity (participation in working groups on the development and discussion of draft laws and other regulatory legal acts);
- expert legal activity (preparation of expert legal opinions on draft laws of other regulatory legal acts, as well as legal examination of existing laws and other regulatory legal acts);
- monitoring and comparative legal research of regulatory legal acts;
- theoretical and applied research on current issues of social and economic development, lawmaking and lawmaking;
- promoting the legal skills of public servants;
- publishing (publication of scientific and practical commentary on legislation, periodicals, collections of scientific articles, scientific information, scientific, practical, educational, monographic and other works on pressing problems of economics and law);
- study of the problems of the effectiveness of law and enforcement, the causes and conditions conducive to the commission of offenses;
- legal support of economic activity (law and economics);
- development of legal means to ensure market conditions in the economy;
- research and analysis of the ratio of private and public interests in the legal regulation of economic processes and the development of proposals;
- fundamental and applied research;
- participation in the development and implementation of legal support for investment and other social projects;
- organization and holding of conferences, symposia and other forums;
- organization and holding of cultural events;
- preparation of analytical and methodological materials;
- participation in tenders and competitions for the development of scientific-applied and contractual research;
- participation in tenders of the Ministry of Education and Science for the development of textbooks, monographs, textbooks on economic and legal specialties;
- search and development of joint programs and projects on pressing issues of science, education and practice;
- search and development of joint programs to update the legal support of the customs union in the framework of agreements concluded with universities of the countries of the union;
- development and conclusion of agreements and agreements on cooperation with leading universities of countries near and far abroad.
Current fundamental scientific research carried out by the Research Institute of Economic and Legal Research under grants of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
- In the framework of the concluded contract No. 349 of 04/11/2018. A fundamental scientific research “Criminal Law and Criminological Problems of Combating the Illicit Traffic of Narcotic Drugs, Psychotropic Substances, and Their Analogues in the Republic of Kazakhstan” is being conducted with the State Institution “Committee of Science of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan”. Implementation period: February 2018 - December 2020. Supervisor: Leading Researcher of Research Institute of ELS, Candidate of Law, docent Fetkulov A.Kh. (Performers from SRI ELR Shaimukhanov A.D., Seitkhozhin B.U., Inerbaeva D.O.).
- In the framework of the concluded agreement No. 349 of 04/11/2018. a fundamental scientific research “Organizational and applied problems of ensuring road safety in the Republic of Kazakhstan” is being carried out with the State institution “Committee of Science of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan”. Implementation period: February 2018 - December 2020 Supervisor: Head of the Laboratory of Research Institute of ELS, Doctor of Law, Professor Bakishev K.A. (Performers from SRI ELS Khanov T.A., Bashirov A.V., Inerbaeva D.O.)
Initiative research projects:
- Perspective directions of development of valuation activity in Kazakhstan: theory and practice. Implementation period: 2019 - 2022. Supervisor: Chief Scientific Officer of Research Institute of ELS Sikhimbayev M.R.
- The innovative system of the mineral resource complex of Kazakhstan: strategies and prospects. Implementation period: 2017 - 2019 Supervisor: Sikhimbaev M.R.
- The use of information technology in natural and humanitarian applications. Implementation period: 2017 - 2019 Supervisor: Bashirov A.V.
- Prevention, disclosure and investigation of juvenile crime (Criminological, criminal law and criminal procedure aspects). Implementation period: February 2018 - December 2020. Supervisor: Shaimukhanov A.D.
Research Institute staff:
- Director of the Research Institute of ELS - Khanov Talgat Akhmatzievich
- The head of the legal research laboratory of the Research Institute - Bakishev Kairat Alikhanovich
- Head of the Laboratory of Innovative and Scientific and Educational Technologies of the Research Institute - Bashirov Alexander Vitalievich
- Chief Researcher of the Institute - Shaymuhanov Ahmetkali Dyusetaevich
- Chief Researcher of the Institute - Sikhimbaev Muratbai Ryzdikbayevich
- Chief Researcher of the Institute - Сихимбаева Динара Рахмангазиевна
- Leading Researcher of the Institute - Fetkulov Alikzhan Khalelovich
- Senior Researcher of the Institute - Seitkhozhin Bulat Umerzhanovich
- Senior Researcher of the Institute – Sarsembaev Bolat Shaimenovich
- Researcher of the Institute - Orynbekov Almas Sabitovich
- Junior Researcher of the Institute - Pupysheva Tatyana Nikolayevna