«Transition to University Autonomy in Kazakhstan»
Project coordinator: Karaganda State Medical University
European partners: European University Association, Lund University (se), University of Ljubljana (si), Lublin University of Technology (pl), Savonia University of Applied Sciences (fi), Aga Khan University - Institute for the Study of Muslim Civilizations (uk), Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (it)
Kazakhstan partners: Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan (kz), Ministry of Healthcare and Social Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan (kz), Karaganda Economic University of Kazpotrebsoyuz (kz), M. Kozybaev North Kazakhstan State University. (kz), West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov State Medical University. (kz), Astana Medical University (kz) Karaganda State Medical University (kz) Kh.Dosmukhamedov Atyrau State University (kz)
Period of implementation: 2017-2020
Objective of the project:
providing a basis for consensus around the self-government model of Kazakhstan universities which will help to make decisions about what level of budgetary and academic self-government is desirable. The project increases knowledge of the diversity of university autonomy models used in European countries. It provides a survey of Kazakhstan universities in order to identify the need for self-government.
Interim objectives of the project:
1. Development of a basic model (including alternative models for special areas of higher education, for example, medicine) of university autonomy.
2. Implementation at partner universities.
3. Development of information strategies for communication with universities and participants in proposed reforms, drafting a schedule for implementing the reform.
4. Establishment of a Consultative Group on the implementation of self-government, which will be located in one of the educational institutions and assist other Kazakh universities.
Efficiency and effectiveness:
- a partnership agreement was signed (2017)
- a kick-off meeting was held in Karaganda on the basis of the Medical State University (November 2017)
- A working group was established, the functions of key persons were defined (December 2017).
- The first quality plan was submitted (January 2018);
You can join us on Facebook: trunak-project.kz