Round table on the topic: "Improving measures to prevent and combat drug trafficking and abuse in the Republic of Kazakhstan"
On September 13, 2019, a round table was held at the scientific and educational center of the Karaganda Economic University of Kazpotrebsoyuz on the topic: "Improving measures to prevent and combat drug trafficking and drug abuse in the Republic of Kazakhstan."
The round table was held as part of the Grant Financing Project of the Science Committee of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the topic: “Criminal Law and Criminological Problems of Combating Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs, Psychotropic Substances, and Their Analogs in the Republic of Kazakhstan”.
The round table was attended by scientists and experts, as well as representatives of the research structures of Karaganda.
The following problematic aspects of the fight against drug trafficking and drug abuse in the Republic of Kazakhstan were brought up for discussion by the participants in the round table:
- Criminal law and criminological problems of countering the organization or maintenance of dens for the consumption of narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances, their analogues and the presentation of premises for the same purposes
- The causal factor complex and the main measures to prevent juvenile drug addiction
- Counteracting the spread of narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances, their analogues in educational institutions
- Problems of investigation of organized criminal activity in the field of illicit trafficking in narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances or their analogues
- and other pressing problems of the fight against narcotism.
The participants in the round table noted the relevance of the topic for discussion, which is caused by the high dynamics of the changes taking place in Kazakhstan, the Central Asian region and the world, the emergence of new challenges and threats associated primarily with the intensification of transnational crime, increased terrorism, extremism, the emergence of new types of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances. Experts pointed out the need to improve measures to combat drug addiction and the drug business.
Following the results of the round table, relevant recommendations and proposals on this topic were adopted.