There are a lot of ice blocks and snow on the roofs with the onset of spring. They can slide off the roof and cause serious injury to people.
In this regard, timely and comprehensive measures should be taken to bring the eaves of the roofs to a safe condition. If it is impossible to carry out such work, it is necessary to protect dangerous areas above the pedestrian zone with signal tapes, install warning signs and tablets.
The civil defense headquarters recommends that students and University staff observe the following safety measures in order to prevent injuries:
- avoid places that are surrounded by warning tape;
- if you hear a noise from above, speed up your step;
- do not walk on the street with headphones, you will not hear the noise of falling snow or ice from the roof;
- do not approach houses with pitched roofs;
- avoid being near power lines, building eaves, or other objects where snow may fall;
Beware of icicles and snow falling from roofs!
Adults need to explain to children the danger of games during the thaw under the eaves of roofs of houses, to exclude them from staying in these places. Playing under a dangerous winter roof can end sadly.