|Modular educational program in the specialty 5B073200 – Standardization and certification (by branches) |
Program profile - «Testing and examination of goods and services»
Degree program: Bachelor of engineering and technology
in the specialty 5B073200 «Standardization and certification»
|Degree and duration||Single degree (one university) (274 ECTS – credits / 153 Kazakhstan credits)|
|Educational institution||Karaganda Economic University Kazpotrebsoyuz|
|Accreditation||Independent Kazakh Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (IQAA) http://nkaoko.kz/|
|Term of validity||The program was approved by the University for a period of 4 years for those who receive a degree at the University from 2017|
|Level||QF for EHEA(Qualifications Framework for the European Higher Education Area): 1st cycle; EQF (European qualifications framework): level 6; NQF (National Qualifications Framework): level 6|
- A) Purpose
- The purpose of this undergraduate program is to provide high-quality practice-oriented training in the field of standardization and certification with an in-depth professional competence in the field of testing and examination of consumer goods and services that meet the requirements of modern economy and labour market.
- B) Characteristics
- 1.Discipline/subject area
- The main disciplines: test, control and safety of products; qualimetry; commodity research of food products; commodity raw materials and consumer goods; control and quality assessment of food products; the quality management system; standardization and certification; examination of the quality of goods and services; the safety of raw materials and food products; accreditation of authorities of conformity and test centers; confirmation of conformity of products and services.
- 2.General information/Specialization
- Testing and examination of goods and services
- Reinforced practice-oriented training by experienced specialists on the basis of functioning of Educational-scientific-production complex "SAPA"
- C) Employment and further education
- Graduates of this study program can work:
- in the authorities and services of the State system of technical regulation of RK;
- in the quality control services and laboratories at industrial enterprises;
- in the authorities of conformity and test centers;
- in expert organizations;
- in the centres quality management;
- at the enterprises of trade and sphere of services;
- in educational institutions;
- in organizations for the protection of the rights of consumers;
- in the customs service.
- 2.Further education
- Master's degree in 6М073200 – «Standardization and certification»
- D) Style of education
- 1.Approaches to learning and teaching
- In the process of teaching great attention is paid to the use of innovative methods and technologies of training, design, practice-oriented and student-centred learning, the organization of professional practices in testing laboratories
- 2.Evaluation methods
- Quality assessment of mastering the main educational programs include monitoring of progress, intermediate certification of students and the final state attestation of graduates. In each academic discipline has specific forms and procedures of current control of progress (workshops, performing tasks, writing reports, essays, solution of case tasks, preparation of presentations, crosswords, protection of laboratory works, performance at seminars and IWST sessions, etc.), and the holding period controls.
- E) Program competencies
- 1.General competencies
- The program meets the requirements of the State Compulsory Educational Standard of education «Higher education. The bachelor program» for ensuring quality of the academic programs at the first level of the cycle.
- It includes the general competences (also known as key skills) of expected graduates of the second cycle (see on the website http://adilet.zan.kz/rus/docs/P1200001080).
- The following competences represent summary and most characteristic competences for this program:
- ability to apply knowledge in practice;
- research skills;
- possession of receptions of information and descriptive activities: data collation, structuring of the subject area description (highlighting the key figures, personalities, problems, organize concepts, technologies and methods of solving problems, maintaining their own databases, compiling reports, surveys, manuals);
- ability to adapt to new situations;
- ability to generate new ideas (creativity);
- commitment to leadership, to success;
- understanding of the culture and customs of other countries;
- knowledge of core management functions (decision making, organization, motivation, control) and methods of their implementation;
- knowledge of basic business processes in the organization;
- ability to work independently, ability to develop and manage projects; commitment to quality;
- initiative and entrepreneurial spirit.
- 2.Specific competencies
- to demonstrate knowledge of the basics of standardization and certification;
- to know the order of organization of works in the State system of technical regulation of RK, the modern practice of technical regulation, the rules of confirmation of conformity of products and services, management systems auditing, licensing;
- to know modern methods of testing, monitoring and examination of consumer goods and services;
- to know legislative and normative basis of tests and examination products and services;
- to have an understanding of modern quality management, key management systems and their integration;
- to be able to apply computer technology for planning and carrying out works in the field of testing and examination of goods and services;
- to possess statistical methods of quality management, standardization methods, methods of examination of quality of goods, methods of sampling, analysis of product quality, methods of calculation of economic efficiency of works on standardization and certification;
- to be able to work with normative documents, to carry out their updating, to make acts, protocols, fill out forms, to develop normative and technical documentation, carry out compliance assessment of technical documentation
- F) The complete list of training results for the program
- In the context of student professional practice in the work of the organization, as well as with the client, the graduates can demonstrate the ability to:
- use of regulatory documents in the field of testing, inspection, and examination of goods and services;
- identification of consumer goods and services;
- definition of the nomenclature of the measured and controlled parameters of production and technological processes, the choice of means and methods of testing and control;
- knowledge of measurement techniques and software testing and examination of goods and services;
- implementation of examination of quality of consumer goods and services;
- quality control of consumer goods and services;
- perform certification testing of products;
- introduction of progressive methods and procedures of testing and examination of goods and services;
- analysis of documents presented for certification of products (services), processes (works) and systems, assess their compliance with the standards and other normative documents;
- analysis of production status and to assess the stability of quality of products (services);
- development of methods and programs check the status of production and operation of quality management systems in the enterprise;
- organization and carrying out of inspection control certified-tion of products (services), process and system.